OutdoorMovies.ie are a leading event production company, specialising in open air and pop-up cinema events. We work throughout Ireland and can turn any space into a cinema catering for up to 1000 people. Whatever the event, however large or small, you can be confident our team has the experience gained over many years in the industry to deliver a professional solution that is right for you, your venue and your event.
Our open- air inflatable screen rental packages includes our state-of-the-art digital projector, sound system along and technician. The cinema can be used outdoor or indoor to suit your events needs. With high quality equipment and professional staff, we can guarantee a stunning event.
Our OutdoorMovie Season begins on February 14th and runs through to the end of September. We do special screenings around the Halloween period and we also do special screenings for the Christmas period as well.
The Movie Marque
The Movie Marquee is perfect for all sorts of events held in your own back garden. Birthday Party’s for the kids, Football, Rugby, GAA screenings for the lads, watch Dirty Dancing for a girls night in, celebrate the big day with a Communion or Christening Screening for the kids.
What we supply:
6X3 black marquee with side panels
2 250 watt speakers
Small control desk
Laptop to play your movie or to stream live TV
An 8 foot pull up screen
Foam gym matts for the kids to sit down
4 inflatable two seater sofas
A film of your choice (at least 2 days notice must be given with regard to film selection)
We will deliver to your house all of the above equipment. We will set up the marquee in your garden for you and we will run through how to use the laptop and projector to screen movies. We will collect the marquee and equipment from your house the following morning.
Note: You need to make sure that your garden can accommodate a marquee this size which is 6 metres by 3 metres (almost 20ft by 10ft). Check to make sure there are no tree branches that may obstruct the marquee in any way
Pricing, Terms and Conditions:
- €290 for a full days rental in advance.
- An additional €200 is required as a deposit. The deposit will be returned once the marquee and equipment has been inspected and there is no damage. The deposit will be forefitted if any damage has occurred to the marquee or any of the equipment that was left in your possession.
- A cancelation fee of €150 will apply if an event is cancelled 2 days prior to the event. The full rental amount for €290 will be charged for any event cancelled 1 day prior to the event or on he day of the event itself. (Deposit of course will be returned)
- If an event has to be cancelled due to bad weather then a full refund including deposit will be issued
- We will work with you to arrange a convienient time that suits to set up the marquee and to collect it after the event. Equipment will be collected the following day.
- Childrens events inside the marquee MUST be supervised.
- We carry public liability cover, however we cannot be held liable for any injuries caused whilst our equipment is in your care. The hirer is the person responsible for the equipment, it’s use and therefore should anything happen, you are liable to a claim as the hirer. The marquee and its equipment need to be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Safety is and always will be our priority.
This service will be available from September 10th onwards and is only available to hire in the Dublin and North Wicklow Areas
Inflatable Screen 26 X 20ft
Inflatable Screen 20 X 15ft
This giant outdoor/indoor screen can be used for all sorts of events. Movies in the Park, Community Events, Movies in your Housing Estate, Birthday Parties, Fund Raisers, Charity Events and is a guaranteed to be a hit with everyone.
This screen is suitable for audiences up to around 700
- Giant Inflatable Screens can be used indoors or outdoors
- 4500 Lumens or 10,000 Lumens projector (depending on venue)
- Sound System
- DVD Player or Laptop
- Technician for your screening
- Public Liability Insurance
20X 15ft Screen
For large outdoor/indoor events €700 inc. VAT for Screenings on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays
For screenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays €600 inc. VAT
Bank Holiday Weekends, Valentines Weekend, St Patricks Weekend, Halloween Period and December Screenings €775 inc VAT
For private parties in your home €375 inc VAT
26 X 20ft Screen
For large outdoor/indoor events €825 inc. VAT for Screenings on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays
For screenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays €725 inc. VAT
Bank Holiday Weekends, Valentines Weekend, St Patricks Weekend, Halloween Period and December Screenings €900 inc VAT
For private parties in your home €500 inc VAT
There are no delivery charges for events in county Dublin. Delivery charges for outside of the Dublin area apply. Below are the various different charges depending on the county where the event is due to take place
- Technician is available for one screening only. For multiple screenings on the same day there will be an additional charge. These charges are available on request.
- We require a 50% deposit to secure your booking. This deposit is non refundable except in circumstances where the screening is cancelled due to bad weather
- The balance is due at the very latest the day of the event prior to the screening. No balance paid, no screening, no exceptions!
Working Out How Much My Deposit Will Be
A 50% deposit is required on all bookings.The balance for the outdoor screening will be due BEFORE the screening takes place. No Balance. No Screening. No Exceptions.
To work out what deposit is due just do the following.
1. Look at the map of Ireland above and check your delivery area
3. Decide which screen you want to hire and check the rate. Add the the hire rate and the delivery rate together and divide by two. This will be the deposit amount required to make the booking
Booking the 20X15 screen for a weekend screening €700
Screening is to take place in Louth, delivery therefore is €30
€700 + €30 = €730 divided by 2 = €365. This is the deposit required to secure the booking
Deposits are non refundable except in circumstances where a cancellation is required due to bad weather
Really Important Info, Please Read!!!
You need a licence to screen a film in public either indoors or outdoors. It doesn't matter if you are trying to raise funds or the event is for charity you must pay the appropriate licence fee. Copyright infringement is taken enormously serious and there are severe penalties for those who don't comply
It's really important to note that in order to run a successful outdoor screening you must have dusk or darkness. A screening in daylight is just not possible, even with our most powerful cinema projectors. For an outdoor screening during day light hours you would need to use an LED screen. These screens are extremely expensive to hire but if you do have the funds to hire an LED screen (they can be up to €2,000 a day), we highly recommend a company called Mongeys. You can visit their website here
In order for you to find out what time you can screen on the date you have in mind you should visit this website. When you visit this website use the tabs to select the month you want to screen. Down the left hand side of the screen you will see the dates for that particular month. On the columns on the top of the chart you want to look for the column marked Nautical Twilight End. This is the time that you will be able to screen from. In the example below you will see that if we were looking to do a screening on February 14th, ideally we should be looking at screening any time after 1810.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, until dusk arrives you can’t see the image on the screen. If you click here you will be able to find the earliest screening times for your outdoor screening
This screen is just not suitable to hold a Drive In Cinema event.
If you want to manage your own event that is no problem, please make sure you have two copies of the DVD and you have the appropriate license. Please contact www.gfd.ie on how to obtain licence for your event
If your screening is a non commercial event, in other words there is no entry fee on your gate then we can obtain a screening licence on your behalf. If you intend to charge people in to see your film then you will need to liaise direct with www.gfd.ie
We base our quotes on a grass set up on the assumption that we can spike into the ground for the screen guide ropes. If your site is not it shouldn't be a problem. We will need to take a look at the location to make sure we can definitely secure the screen though.
Yes we have full public liability insurance
We can screen in wind speeds up to 25 knots. After that we are afraid that we will have to take the screen down for health and safety reasons. With regard to rain, we do keep an eye on the weather prior to a screening. If we feel that the weather is going to be an issue we will contact you two days prior to the screening to discuss your options. We don't screen in the rain!
Yes, we take a 50% deposit up front. The balance is due before the screening commences. No balance paid prior to the event, no screening, there are no exceptions.
Your deposit is non refundable except for cancelations due to bad weather
The main thing is to make sure they bring a camping chair and loads of warm clothing. It is suppressing how cold you can get when sitting still so blankets and sleeping bags make for a much more comfortable experience. In addition to this people love to bring a picnic, some nibbles and a hot flask can make all the difference.
Of course we can. We love film, that’s why we do this.